November – Tusla Attendance Initiative
November Tusla Attendance Initiative: “ make every school day count” to ensure that students can attain the best possible outcome from their time in Scoil Mhuire.
Missing days, or parts of days, may result in students falling behind in their school work.
How Parents Can Help Make Every School Day Count:
- Establish a good routine in the mornings and evenings so your child is prepared for the school day ahead.
- Make sure your child goes to school regularly and follows the school rules.
- Ensure your child arrives at school on time
- Arrange dental and medical appointments outside school hours when possible.
- Always inform the school if your child is absent due to illness – this should be followed up with a written note when your child returns to school.
- Take truancy seriously – if your child is not attending school as you expect they may be putting themselves at risk – Who are they with? What are they doing?
- Take family holidays outside term
- Talk to your child about school and take an interest in their school work (including homework).
- Attend parent evenings and school events.
- Praise and reward your child’s achievements at
- Always support school staff in their efforts to control difﬁcult or challenging
- Discuss any problems or difﬁculties with the school – staff are there to help and will be