Scoil Mhuire Trim - A History
| The Sisters of Mercy opened the doors of Scoil Mhuire for the first time in 1936. For the first year of its existence the school was a co-educational establishment, but, thereafter, it was an all-girls’ boarding and day secondary school.
Scoil Mhuire was situated in the actual convent building until 1968. In that year the students moved the few hundred yards to Patrick Street, where the new building, which was built on the site of the old jail, provided the finest educational facilities available at the time.
Since 1968 the school has expanded considerably. Among the many extra facilities that have been added are a Study Hall/Lunch Room that can accommodate one hundred and fifty students, three Computer Rooms, a Guidance Suite and a Reading Room. Access for disabled has been completed with the installation of a lift, ramp and toilet facilities.